Bentley rested well last night and was so strong this morning. Her eyes showed as much life as we’ve seen while in the hospital. She was moving more than she has any day prior. However, it just wasn’t enough. This evening, just before we could decide who was going to leave campus and eat, dropped her O2 sats. We sat her up and tried about everything anyone knew to do. I don’t exactly know if it was a mucus plug or what, but it was obvious she needed a lot more help again. This makes intubation #3. I have not asked a prediction on how long, but anticipate another couple of days. We’ll try to loosen up her secretions more and continue efforts to recruit lung space. #3 stinks. I’m not excited about this one.
Thank you for the prayers.